Autofill in Chrome not working

Options
zignice
zignice
Community Member

Using 1Password on iMac Pro with Catalina and Chrome. When I click the autofill button, it does not fill in the form. A new window pops up with the search function. I restarted my computer and it works for the first time, but then it reverts back to popping up a new window again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zignice! Welcome to the forum!

We are investigating an issue with Chrome at the moment, I think this may be related. Is this happening just with this specific website or does it happen with all of them?

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It’s happening with all websites.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zignice: thank you for the confirmation. Can you also let us know what version of 1Password this is happening with, and the exact version of Chrome, just to make sure this is not something different?

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member
    Options

1 password 7 ver. 1.3.2, Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Jopernikus
    Jopernikus
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing similar behavior but it's not consistent.
    I'm on 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Store and Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70.
    So sometimes a get an autofill and sometimes the search window.
    I would like to know how the search feature is meant to be activated by a shortcut?
    In case there some keyboard shortcut issue involved or unknown gesture I'm triggering by mistake.
    I'm using a Magic Trackpad with Tap to Click enabled.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, very annoying. It happens sometimes. Chrome version is 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you all for the confirmation. We are investigating the issue.

• bshipp
    bshipp
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It is not all websites, and it is not all the time even on the websites where there is an issue. Sometimes after trying a dozen times (which is rather frustrating) it starts working fine. It also does not happen with Safari. I know this has been out there for a while... would be really nice to get it resolved. Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit), 1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302004), MacOS 10.15.1 (19B88).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bshipp - thanks for the feedback, and I'm sorry this issue has affected you; our development team continues to work on it.

• curdaneta
    curdaneta
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Autofill not working, sometimes need to try 5-6 times to get it work.
    Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70. 1Password 7 Version 7.4 (70400014) 1Password Store. MacOS 10.15.1 (19B88)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know your configuration :+1:

• Jopernikus
    Jopernikus
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to have gone away with the latest Chrome update: 78.0.3904.87. I can no longer reproduce it.
    1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
    1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear :+1:

• fennario
    fennario
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

This is still happening. Started happening when I upgraded to Mac OS Catalina (10.15). Sometimes the browser plugin will not open at all from the context menu in chrome. If it does open, when you select an item to fill, the 1pw window just closes and another one opens in another location on the screen. If you click "pin on screen", then click "open and fill" on the pinned window, it does work. You then have to manually close the pinned window.

Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    MacOS 10.15
    1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401001) - Mac App Store

• rldoesschate
    rldoesschate
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this issue with Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome with no change. I am using 1Password extension Version 4.7.5.90.

• mavendesign
    mavendesign
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having the same issues as commented above, and it's been going on for many months. Nothing has resolved it. I keep Chrome up to date at all times. Currently on Mac OS 10.14.6, though plan to move to Catalina next week. Chrome v. 78.0.3904.97. Chrome is my browser of choice so I hope this can be resolved soon.

• tphinney
    tphinney
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Same problem. Mac OS 10.14.6, latest 1Password 7, which I just “upgraded” to.

Any way I can revert to 1Password 6? I see no new features I actually need, and everything seems clunkier and nothing works as easily. :( And a refund of the upgrade/subscription would be good.

• fennario
    fennario
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

hopefully this helps others having this issue in chrome. I uninstalled the 1pw7 chrome extension and instead installed the "1Password X" chrome extension, which seems to actually work.

• Jopernikus
    Jopernikus
    Community Member
    Options

I wish to take back my previous statement that I can't reproduce it.
    The issue has come back but very very rarely.
    I'm on macos 10.14.6 i was wrong in my previous post, still Mojave.
    Still 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401001) - Mac App Store
    and
    Still Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I would like to know if the search feature is meant to be activated by a shortcut?

• andyalsop
    andyalsop
    Community Member
    Options

I too am experiencing this issue intermittently and it is driving me nuts. Sometimes it is so persistent that I have to go back and forth copying and pasting the login info. It appears this has been a reported issue since Nov 2 and it is now Dec 23. Is there any resolution?

• tobeycarol
    tobeycarol
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having this problem with auto fill-in for a couple of months and it's also driving me nuts.
    I have an iMac with macOS Catalina v 10.15.2 and have iPassword 7 v 7.4.1 installed. Google Chrome says it is up to date and has "Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)."
    Auto Fill works sporatically for some websites and for others it never works. It doesn't fill in even after it tells me to reload the website and then click on "fill in". I reload and click on fill-in and nothing happens.
    For a high quality program like 1Password, this is a significant glitch that has been going on for too long.

• finadeon
    finadeon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm too having this issue, it has been going on for months through different Chrome and maybe 1Password versions too. Happens on different websites occasionally, sometimes if my keyboard cursor is on the login field of the website it helps if I click else on website so that keyboard cursor leaves login field. But it does not help all the time. I open 1Password with mouse from right click menu, when the problem is on 1Password opens from menubar instead of near mouse cursor. Just happened on this forum too and clicking keyboard cursor off the login field helped.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you everyone for your patience. Our developers are aware of this and we will do our best to get this fixed as soon as possible.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone. Happy New Year! We have a long-awaited present for you. The beta version of our Chrome extension, containing the fix for this issue, is available now at the Chrome Web Store. That link is unlisted because it's a beta version -- but it is the one that's also in "Pending Review" status from Google, so I thought that for any of you who don't mind running a beta version, well, there's the link -- we'd love to know how this works for you. It's been tested and works well to solve the issue here in our own testing, but there's nothing like some real-world experience to really put it through its paces!

Make sure, if you plan to install this, to disable the stable-channel version of 1Password extension in Chrome, or you'll have conflicts. It should be fine to keep both versions installed, as long as only the beta is active in chrome://extensions. Let us know how you get on! :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Very cool! Congrats to the coders. How long does it usually take Google to process 1Password updates through its review process? I don't run beta software, but I'm anxious to load up the stable version once it's been released for general use.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020
    Options

How long does it usually take Google to process 1Password updates through its review process?

I can only speak to what I've seen, but... the last update approval took approximately 2 weeks. It is possible that it could vary significantly from that.

Ben

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kavaa:

That is indeed the latest version of the extension. Have you also disabled or reinstalled the stable extension from the Chrome profile that you are using?

This discussion has been closed.