Autofill in Chrome not working

Comments

• maxlman
    maxlman
    Community Member

Thanks for the hard work. It is better, but still not there yet.

Example: I wanted to auto-fill a credit card number. I hit Cmd+# (German keyboard), the extension opens. I use the arrow keys to select the credit card I want to use. Booom. The cursor jumps back to the search field, opens the standard logins and no data gets filled in.
    I can repeat that three times. And suddenly, for the fourth time, it works.

In general, the usability and design when you are only using the keyboard was so much better with the old extension. You could easily go through all logins with the arrow keys. You barely had to use the mouse to view all relevant data points.

Until you have fixed this can I somewhere download the old extension? Would be so much appreciated!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@maxlman:

Can you please confirm what version of the 1Password browser extension you currently have installed in Chrome?

• maxlman
    maxlman
    Community Member

Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130
    Extension Version 4.7.6.1

Is there the possibility to download the old extension?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@maxlman:

Yes, you can download it from our changelog.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kavaa:

Sorry to hear about this!

Multiple issues with 1Password itself but no other option.

Are you having a specific issue with the Chrome extension, even after updating to the latest Beta?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kavaa:

Thank you for the clarification!

For example issue with 1Password, we have Tags expanded all the time. Multiple times during the they it just closes. Or after a restart of 1Password or the Mac it does not remember the state.

This is a known issue. It was actually fixed in version 7.4, but the bug found its way back in the following update. Our developers are aware of this though, so hopefully we will be able to fix this again soon.

Chrome even after multiple times no joy, and that's frustrating.

Thank you for mentioning that the extension works for you in Firefox without issues, that helps understand that we should only look at Chrome. What happens exactly when Chrome fails to fill your data?

Also, just to make sure that we are not missing something, what version of Chrome are you currently running?

• maxlman
    maxlman
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana for taking care of this. But I have to agree with @kavaa. This is going on forever now and it becomes really annoying.

If you don't want to support your license buying long-time clients, please stop offering it completely. Don't do a halfhearted approach to keep something alive that you are obviously not willing to put any effort in. For me, the cloud is not an option, because I don't want my passwords on anyone else hard-drive.

I changed to Firefox now and it works like a charme (also surprising that you only realize this now). Hope you get this done for Chrome soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the honest feedback @kavaa and @maxlman! And thank you for your patience while our developers get to the bottom of this.

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

I'd really like to see a fix for this as well. It's been going on for a really long time.

I did just install the beta so I can't confirm whether or not is fixed, but the comments after it was posted don't give me the most confidence.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@calicyclist:

Please give the beta a try and let us know what your findings are. Thank you!

• salevandowski
    salevandowski
    Community Member

Please add me to the list of frustrated users with this problem !!!

• ManFromAustin
    ManFromAustin
    Community Member

"Please add me to the list of frustrated users with this problem !!!"

Same here!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@salevandowski, @ManFromAustin:

Have you tried the latest beta already? If you haven't, please give that a try and let us know if it helped :)

• salevandowski
    salevandowski
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

I'm using v7.4.1 How do I get the latest beta?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@salevandowski:

You can find the instructions earlier in this discussion.

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

With beta installed it just happened again. Has not been completely fixed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@calicyclist:

Under chrome://extensions, can you confirm the exact version of the 1Password extension? Thank you!

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

Version 4.7.6.1

It has happened several more times for me since the previous post.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @calicyclist! One quick thing I would like you to try is to fully quit Chrome, and then also quit 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch both Chrome and 1Password.

Should you see the same behavior even after starting fresh, please generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is still not working for you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and "connect the dots" with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

Ok I quit both programs, restarted the laptop, and am monitoring. So far I havent seen it. If it lasts over the next few days I will be impressed. BTW, I had definitely quit Chrome multiple times before this and didn't help. I think I quit 1P as well but maybe I missed that step. Either way, we shall know soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @calicyclist! I am happy to hear things are working for you so far. Fingers crossed the stay the same, but of course let us know should you encounter difficulties once again.

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

Just had the issue occur again on Amazon.com after taking the above steps. Created a diagnostics report. Where would you like me to send it?

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

I figured out to send it to the support email address and received a worthless reply from Bitbot blaming the problem on a security software called SentinelOne which I dont have installed...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@calicyclist - the BitBot reply gets sent to let you know we received your email and that one of us will be with you shortly. Based on keywords in your email, it tries - though it is not always the smartest - to present you with some links that may help you solve the issue on your own while you're waiting for one of us to respond. It's not intended as our official or final reply. One of us will indeed be with you shortly, so let's keep the conversation going via private email now, since we're going to likely be discussing specifics of your 1Password setup.

This discussion has been closed.