Autofill in Chrome not working

Options
13»

Comments

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? I am on the latest version on both Chrome and 1Password and sometimes face it. Is it still in beta?

• Ben
    Options

Significant improvements have been made but the problem will still occasionally occur even with the latest beta.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

I have not experienced it to any great degree as of late, and I've been doing significant testing with it. I do see it on rare occasion, but simply trying a second time or reloading the web page has always resolved the problem for me. Unfortunately I don't have anything further to report at this time. For now the best I could suggest if this continues to be an annoyance for you would be to switch to 1Password X.

Ben

• richelesro
    richelesro
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. It happens sporadically but if I go through the sequence a bunch of times it eventually will fill in the information.

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401001)
    Mac App Store

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.2

Google Chrome: Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member
    Options

Response I received from support basically just suggested I use 1PasswordX instead of 1Password7.

1PasswordX does not integrate with TouchID.

This was the main reason my organization (per my recommendation) is rolling out 1Password. Easy integration with TouchID makes a much better user experience.

Please fix your product that works with it!

• Ben
    Options

@calicyclist

We have a solution for 1Password X + Touch ID in the works. It is available in beta now:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed the new 1Password Beta and now it doesnt work with any of the other browsers besides Chrome. Is this expected?

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    Options

I was just wondering if there are any plans to fix the Chrome extension. I have been dealing with this for months now and copying/pasting from the desktop app most of the time. While I do have 1Password.com subscription I still keep the desktop apps installed so I can backup my passwords. 1Password X is currently limited due to lack of stable release Touch ID support.

You keep trying to push people to use 1Password X if they do not like the fact your desktop app/extension integration has been broken for months. But 1Password X doesn't use Touch ID unless you go to a beta. The new beta release of the Chrome extension is slow when you click on it and why should people have to use beta to get a fix after months?

Sad thing is while you are running a password subscription software and keep trying to push people onto 1Password.com in one way or another when I had to log in to post this I was informed that the forums were breached. If you can't even keep usernames and passwords on forums secure why should anyone trust you with everything else on a subscription? Just seemed pretty funny, if nothing else. Also yes I read the release for the breach but in the end it doesn't matter why you should have more control of your own forums. Plus I really do not recall any communication regarding this via e-mail. If 1Password.com ended up breached I imagine someone would mention something?

It would be nice if someone would simply say if you guys have no intention of continuing support for anything but 1Password.com and 1Password X because you sure as heck can't even fix a Chrome extension in months.. or no one is even working on it. Perhaps the plan is to ruin the desktop/extension experience over time to push people to subscription?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@calicyclist:

No, 1Password should work with every other browser as usual, if you did not make any changes to those browsers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nick323:

I was just wondering if there are any plans to fix the Chrome extension.

Certainly, our developers are aware of the issues and will keep working to get to the bottom of this. Sorry if you had the feeling that we are not interested in fixing it, because that is not the case.

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    Options

Let's be real for a second you do not continue advertising another product (1Password X) while you have your, old, main product faulting and not working correctly. You also do not continue to working on it in beta to release a version that supports Touch ID while your current client base can't even use the product. You guys are not working on a fix, period. It is broken and you have ignored it for months.

That being said you guys do have a good product and once 1Password X supports Windows Hello and Touch ID it will be a fine product but understand you guys would do better with just being honest. Some people will leave and others will appreciate you guys need a steady income. I have no problem paying for an annual sub and I do but the lying is getting a bit out of control, just be honest.

That is hurting you guys more than the stupid sales pitch anytime anyone mentions stand alone clients.

In short your long game is to just have the subscription, period. That is perfectly fine. But stop lying.

• Nick323
    Nick323
    Community Member
    Options

Also I just wanted to mention the copy and paste to even use the extensions is beyond exhausting. I even tried to install the beta and restarted everything but it took a good 10-15 seconds to open after Touch ID. I am not interested in switching to another provider and while I understand 1Password X works (and well once you type in the master password)... No Beta... Regardless I shouldn't have to.

Also why don't you guys explain why the extensions do not work? period? You expect people to trust you and we get nothing in return, trust our data with you..

It simply it isn't a matter of if you will get breached but simply when. So learn to be transparent now and not later.

• jsack
    jsack
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I recently started using the Brave browser, which is based on Chromium (after hearing an interview with the developer on your podcast). This does not happen for all sites, but for the majority. (And it happened when I logged into the Agilebits forum!) It's Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Jeff Leigh
    Jeff Leigh
    Community Member
    Options

What's the status of pushing the beta Chrome extension into release? It looks like it's been in beta for about three months now.

• Ben
    Options

Our intention is to push the same extension that is currently in beta into the stable channel, but we've hit a roadblock on doing so. For now, the only thing I can suggest would be installing the beta. It is the exact same thing that'll eventually (hopefully) be in the stable release.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.