Can't access websites: keeps asking to enter pwrd manually. - Chrome

Options
zeajorge
zeajorge
Community Member
edited November 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

This is happening in Chrome (version 78.0.3904.70) I use some websites that need the pwrd to be entered manually. no problem, I can do that. But after installing iPassword yesterday (11-1-19) I haven't been able to log-in. Even after entering pwrd manually, it keeps asking me again and again to do it manually. Same thing keeps happening even after quitting 1Password (I quit both: both app and extension). . Apparently Safari is working OK (version 12.0.1).

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mannually entered passwords

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zeajorge! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening just with this single website in the screenshot or with more of them?

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

With more than one website. All the sites are from the same developer (company) CoreLogic.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zeajorge:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please share a specific URL with us so we can test it?

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

It is Only happening with Chrome. I tried everything I know of: cleared browsing data, (I checked everything ... so all is clear). I restarted the computer, restarted Chrome (it is up to date). I went to 1Password vault and deleted all the autofill items for these sites from my Vaults. I changed the passwords on all of the sites and turned 1Password app OFF and logged off. Nothing seams to work. The sites somehow still think that I am autofilling the credentials when I am manually entering both login and passwords. It is frustrating. I spoke with CoreLogic and they couldn't figure it out. They acknowledge that for security the sites don't allow password autofills (which is OK) but they have no idea why the system (chrome) is not recognizing me manually entering the passwords. they think this is a problem with Chrome ... I am not sure but need a workaround. This is killing me. I hope this additional info helps. I am open to trying anything. Thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeajorge ,
    I have tested this website and it looks like they went through a lot to keep users from autofilling. There's actually a hidden password field they called "fakeChromePassword" (in Safari its called "fakeSafariPassword") so that the browser or any passwords manager would autofill that irrelevant hidden field rather than the actual password field.

However, I was able to input my username and password manually (although they're not real credentials so I got a "no user found"), so I'm not sure why you are seeing the "input password manually" error every time. I only saw that error when I messed around with the html code and that hidden password field. One suggestion I can give you is to try and disable Chrome's built-in password manager if you haven't already: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Another suggestion would be to try and disable all other extensions except for 1Password and see if it works then. Perhaps there's another extension that is messing with the input on the page.

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled all Extensions and turned of Chrome Password manager .... nothing seams to work.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeajorge ,
    Can you please try to open a new incognito window in Chrome and try to log in through there? Let me know how it goes.

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

Yaron ... Incognito works just fine. I hope this helps isolate the issue.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zeajorge ,
    It might indicate a cache issue in your Chrome, since Incognito does not have any cache.
    Please try clearing all cache in Chrome and see if you are able to log in then (without incognito mode).

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

Nope.
    Didn't work. I erase cache and cookies for All Time. Restarted Chrome. Same issue ... asking me enter password manually even after I enter it manually.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you happen to have 1Password X installed in Chrome? I'm referring to this extension if you're not sure.

• zeajorge
    zeajorge
    Community Member
    Options

I see these available.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update.
    Since this happens even if you quit the 1Password app and extension in Chrome, it is clearly not a 1Password issue but rather an issue with their website and your Chrome (since on my Chrome I am able to fill in manually). I'm running out of ideas and suggestions - we've tried clearing Chrome's cache, disabling all extensions... The only thing left is to try it in a new user profile in Chrome, which will reset Chrome's settings to default in that new user. Give that a try and see if you are able to properly log in manually on that website in a new user profile in Chrome.

This discussion has been closed.