Dropbox sync in 1Password 7 for new users

Options

Hello.

I download 1Password, how to use 49.99$ version and sync my Dropbox? Its possible?
I don’t want to use your cloud, because I worry about the safety of my data. It’s more reliable for me to store Dropbox on 3 accounts so that I can open my storage at any time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I download 1Password, how to use 49.99$ version and sync my Dropbox? Its possible?

@romarios: Yep!

I don’t want to use your cloud, because I worry about the safety of my data. It’s more reliable for me to store Dropbox on 3 accounts so that I can open my storage at any time.

Well...that's your prerogative, but in case it helps, your data is more secure using a 1Password membership, which has no device limit, and includes all versions; and it's more convenient. It sounds like security is your chief concern (as it should be), and frankly it's ours as well. Otherwise we wouldn't use 1Password.com either! There's a lot more detail in our security white paper (which is actually a really fun read, even if you're not into cryptography), but I'd like to offer a few points that summarize how 1Password secures our data:

1. Your 1Password data is encrypted locally on your device before it is transmitted.
    2. The server receives only an encrypted blob.
    3. Your Master Password is never transmitted.

You might think I'm talking about 1Password.com specifically there, but that's the case no matter what 1Password setup you use — the only difference being that 1Password.com data is also encrypted using the 128-bit randomly generated Secret Key, which is also never transmitted to us. So there's an additional layer of security there as well.

Indeed, when you use 1Password, AgileBits never has access to your data, regardless of the setup you choose. Even with 1Password.com, your data is encrypted on your device, so all the server ever ends up with is an encrypted blob. And since the Secret Key is created locally, your Master Password is only known by you, and neither is ever transmitted to us, only you have the means to decrypt the data.

Suffice to say, if someone gains access to our servers and dumps the full database (we've designed 1Password.com with this in mind), they simply don't have what they need to decrypt it, as each individual user alone has the keys to their data. So an attacker won't have that and can't get it from AgileBits, even if they get everything else. So while there's a lot more that goes into making all of this work smoothly, this is something that I think all of us can appreciate. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.