1 Password migration to new Macbook

lawaite
lawaite
Community Member

Hello. Can someone please help me? I previously purchased 1 password as a flat fee for my Mac laptop, not a monthly plan. I can't get it to migrate to my new Mac laptop. I paid for the service and hope there is a way to be 'grandfathered in' and be able to transition to the new computer. Please advise. Thank you very much.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 688001
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: ICLOUD

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lawaite! Welcome to the forum!

I can't get it to migrate to my new Mac laptop.

Can you please let us know what you have been trying so far, and where exactly you are getting stuck?

• lawaite
    lawaite
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply. I downloaded the password 7 app on the new Macbook. I was able to access my existing account from icloud but it shows as a read only.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lawaite:

Thank you for the additional information! 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so the app will remain read-only until you purchase a license for it (you can do so by clicking on the read only button, and the app will walk you through the process of purchasing a new license). You don't need a subscription to use 1Password 7 if you prefer a license ;)

• lawaite
    lawaite
    Community Member

Hmmm. So I am clear, I am not able to use the 6.8 version I already paid for? Is there a link to install the 6.8 version on the new laptop or am I required to upgrade with a subscription?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lawaite:

Certainly, you can download 1Password 6 from here.

This discussion has been closed.