1Password works on everything except my MacBook Air...

Moretunes
Moretunes
Community Member

Help. I have successfully installed 1Password on my iMac, iPad, and iPhone 8+. I am running Catalina (10.15.1) on my iMac and MacBook Air. With my MacBook Air, when I try to use the 1Password icon in my Safari extension or the dock on the bottom of the screen, the login password doesn't work and I get a prompt asking for my old phone number from years ago. The only way to get into 1Password on my MacBook Air is using the URL: www.my.1password.com Any ideas on how to solve this?
Marc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Moretunes
    Moretunes
    Community Member

Safari extension is 7.3.2 sync through iCloud.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Moretunes! Welcome to the forum!

We never ask for your phone number anywhere in 1Password. Can you please post a screenshot of where you are seeing this?

• Moretunes
    Moretunes
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

[screenshot removed for privacy]

Hi, I've attached the screenshot

• Hi @Moretunes

What you're seeing there is a password hint that you specified when creating your first vault (likely quite some time ago). If you're able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ and are able to see all of your data there then please print a copy of your Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Once you have that printed use the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data menu from the menu bar at the top of your screen. Then, use the details from the Emergency Kit to sign in. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Moretunes
    Moretunes
    Community Member

Ben, I don't see "Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data menu from the menu bar at the top of your screen." on the top of my screen. Just Help and Support under my name in the upper right corner of the screen.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Moretunes:

Please make sure you have the 1Password app open and in the foreground in order to see that menu:

• Moretunes
    Moretunes
    Community Member

I'm all set! Thank all of you for helping me!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Moretunes - on behalf of ag_ana, you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.