1Password.agilekeychain

Options
Rayto
Rayto
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Mac

I'm on 1P v6 and considering upgrading to v7. I currently use Dropbox to sync. Before I do that I'd like to know if I need to do any housekeeping.

In the root level of Dropbox I have a 20mb folder named "1Password.agilekeychain". It shows it was modified a few weeks ago. Could be right as I've been using another password manager lately. I assume this is an active file and is needed for v7??? Or, can I pitch it as I'm under the impression 1P does not use .agilekeychain anymore.

In my "Apps" folder in Dropbox I have a 200k folder named 1Password. In it is 1password.opvault. It has not has any activity in it for a couple of years. I frankly do not understand this as until very recently I have always been a very active user (as in constant changes) of 1Password. So, is this file dormant and needed or should I not be seeing activity.

Neither makes much sense to me and I want to make sure after I lay out the money for v7, it will install.

Thx,

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6 + 1OS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rayto!

It sounds like your data is inside your .agilekeychain file. 1Password 7 requires the new .opvault file format, so you will have to convert this file during import, but 1Password 7 will help you with that.

However, at the end of the day, only you can know which file you are using to store your data (this is not something we have any visibility into): after installing 1Password 7, you can try importing both files to see which one is the one you have been using.

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_ana. Certainly does appear I’m still using agilekeychain. I just looked in prefs, agilekeychain it is.

So, point v7 at the agilekeychain file and it handles the conversion? Seamlessly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rayto:

Yes, you can use the File > Import menu for this in 1Password 7:

In this window, select the 1Password Keychain option and 1Password will convert and import your old .agilekeychain file into the new .opvault format :)

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member
    Options

Thx

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Ana you are very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.