Just updated to 7 from 6 and can't select correct vault

Options
JPShanghai
JPShanghai
Community Member

I've had 1Password for years and ended up with two vaults. I would like to just stick to one going forward (I use it on Mac OS, iOS, iPadOS and Windows). I just upgraded from 6.8 (?) to 7.3 (?) on my Mac and it gives me the choice of selecting either 2 vaults or the most recently used vault. So that would seem to be good. In reading through some posts here it seems I should chose the "Personal" vault (very nonintuitive, BTW). But the selection process doesn't say what the most recently used vault is, it just gives the number of items in there. "OK", I think, I'll just look up on my iPad and see how many items are in the personal vault. But as near as I can tell it doesn't have this information anymore. I assume I lost it on the last upgrade.

Since it tells me this is a one time choice and I can't undo it except by getting 1Password Tech Support involved, I find this frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JPShanghai

I'm sorry for the frustration. If using an individual membership "Personal" is the generally only vault that should be present. There should not be a "Primary" vault. Primary is a legacy vault. It should be deleted, after verifying that you can see your data at https://my.1password.com/

You can find the instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

P.S. 1Password for Mac can sort your items by when they were last modified. To do this select a vault, and then where you see "[X] items sorted by Title" click that and change it to Date Modified.

• JPShanghai
    JPShanghai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I got it figured out. Basically, I selected "Keep both Vaults" and then saw there was setting for choosing which vault shows up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.