Auto-Fill Problems with extension on Mac

intraDESIGN
intraDESIGN
Community Member

Hi there,

for weeks I have had problems using 1Password with the browser extensions. What used to work fine doesn't work well anymore: Filling out log-in forms in browsers.

When I click on the 1P icon in the browser, the 1P overlay sometimes doesn't open at all, sometimes at the right edge of the screen and sometimes at the right position.

When I then click Auto Fill, either nothing happens or the window jumps from the correct position to the right edge of the screen. Even after several attempts, it often doesn't work, so I manually copy the username and password.

Often it only works after the third or fourth time, but sometimes not at all.

Please fix the problem as soon as possible because 1Password is one of the most important applications on my Mac.

The problem occurs in all browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and their developer versions.

Thanks and best regards
Timo

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: my.1Password.com

Comments

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member

I just posted a thread on a similar issue, though mine is centered around not getting the credit card data copied. I have also seen the issue your posting about

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble folks. It's something we're looking into. Updating the browser and restarting your Mac can help. Or as a workaround, ⌘ \, drag and drop fields from 1Password mini, or 1Password X may be useful.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

I have been a 1P user for many happy years
    All things considered, it has been a good journey, however.
    After recent upgrades to latest OS in Mac and using Safari 13.0.
    The auto fill and auto submit have been eliminated because of changes you have explained.
    Auto fill will kind of work after clicking on a additional "allow 1P access" window pops up.
    I have backed away for 1P7 on two computers and stayed with 1P6.
    It is a dream to click on a "saved favorite" in my Safari 12.1.2 browser and it auto fills , auto submits and logs me in.
    1P7 does not have these features anymore and it cost $35.00 per year

I do feel this is a big step back in some ways at least for me, maybe others too
    Perhaps you are working on adding this back in later versions (?)
    Sorry, if this is the wrong area to post this, just could find a specific forum for this comment

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DaBurner - no worries. You can always open a new discussion if you can't find any existing ones that fit with what you want to say or ask about 1Password. It's worth searching to see if there IS something already ongoing that's related or identical to what you're wondering about, because often the information you need will already be right there in the existing thread. But if not, don't be shy about opening a new top-level thread. Just click "New Discussion" underneath the search bar in any of our forum categories (Mac, Windows, 1Password X, etc...).

I'm sorry for the troubles you've been experiencing. You're definitely not alone; this is an issue our development team has been looking into, and we're well aware it's affecting users. I don't have any timeline on a fix, but we're definitely working on the issue.

To be clear, 1Password 7 for Mac does not cost $35.00 per year. $35.88 is the cost of an individual 1Password.com membership, but memberships were available during 1Password 6 for Mac and standalone licenses are available for 1Password 7 for Mac.

Thanks for your patience with us as we work to stomp bugs and get affected users like you back to smooth and complete filling/saving functionality in your browsers. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

This discussion has been closed.