1 month free trial of 1password 7 not filling in usernames or passwords on sites

Kevin146
Kevin146
Community Member

Have just installed the 1month free trial of 1password 7 over the top of 1password6 on my MacBook Pro running Mojave. Although I can see the passwords for the respective sites when I click the extension , it won't fill them in, neither will the menubar widget.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:trial version of 1password7 extension won't fill in passwords on sites

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kevin146 - sorry for the trouble. If you look in 1Password > Preferences > Vault, what do you see? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• Kevin146
    Kevin146
    Community Member

Hi Lars, it shows:
    Always open to ...... 'Primary'
    Show in all Vaults ......'Primary' and 'Old Passwords'
    Vault for Saving ......"Primary'

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@Kevin146 - thanks for the additional info. That means you've not added your new 1Password account into the 1Password for Mac app yet. Without adding the account to the app, you'll be in Read Only mode in version 7 with your standalone data -- you can see it at the top-right of any of your items in the main 1Password window, like this:

If that's what you see, then here are instructions for adding your 1password.com account to the app. Or, if you prefer, our complete guide to migrating from standalone to an account.

• Kevin146
    Kevin146
    Community Member

That's it ..... Fixed! - Thanks Lars, I'll start to explore the app now! Once again , Many Thanks.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.