Email address already in use problem

I'm trying to shift from app based (v.6) to subscription - my earlier attempt failed somewhere in the process and now when I try to set up a new account, it says the email address is already in use. Can I get that email address freed up for use with a new subscription account? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @paulmurk,

Certainly. You should be able to request an automated deletion of the account using this page:

https://my.1password.com/support

Please follow the prompts there. If you have any trouble getting the account deleted let me know. :)

Ben

• Thanks, Ben - that won't put my database at risk, will it? I'm thinking not... but want to avoid the challenge if I'm wrong.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@paulmurk

Is your 1Password data currently accessible to you in a vault called "Primary"? If so, this won't have any effect on that.

Ben

• It is. Somehow I have 2 versions of standalone on my machine - v.6 & v.7 - both reference "primary" vault in preferences. Should I delete one of them before upgrading?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

The v6 application should be moved to the Trash and the computer restarted, yes. :)

Ben

• Thank you!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

No problem. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file