Touch ID disappeared and replaced with PIN Code option for iOS

Options
htosa
htosa
Community Member

Used Touch ID previously but disappeared (after recent iOS update?). Settings, then Security tab shows only three options. 1.Lock on Exit (on/off) 2.Auto-Lock 3.PIN Code (on/off). There is no option for Touch ID anymore

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lost touch ID for iOS

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

I have IOS 13.2 and the latest 1PW and my settings still have Face ID / Touch ID.

You could try this however, (as when pin code is active it disables Touch ID)

Go into settings on the 1PW app. Click advanced at the bottom and then click security. Make sure that PIN code is OFF. If it is off then I am unsure, if it is on however , then toggle it to off, and then go back to your 3 options and you should now see PIN has now been replaced with Touch ID or Face ID.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @htosa

I think Zaka_7 has suggested a good course of action. If that doesn't help I would suggest toggling Touch ID off in the Settings app, toggling it back on, and then rebooting the device.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• htosa
    htosa
    Community Member
    Options

No go. Went to advanced- then security window but it’s blank.
    The PIN code toggle is in Settings- Security window but it’s off. Any other thoughts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@htosa:

Went to advanced- then security window but it’s blank.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

• htosa
    htosa
    Community Member
    Options

Hope this works;

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@htosa: Yeah that's not normal. What did you do leading up to when you started having these problems? The iOS update maybe?

• htosa
    htosa
    Community Member
    Options

Only change was the iOS update. Make sense to reinstall the app? If so, will I have to pay for it?

• Ben
    Options

@htosa

I would suggest completely turning off Touch ID on the device, restart it, and then re-enable Touch ID. Once complete, check 1Password's security settings.

Ben

• htosa
    htosa
    Community Member
    Options

There is no Touch ID option to turn off

• Ben
    Options

@htosa

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about anything within 1Password. I'm talking about the device itself — in the Settings app.

Ben

• htosa
    htosa
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed! Latest update turned off my iOS Touch ID. Thanks so much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.