Setting up each computer so they all see the same thing

filch
filch
Community Member

I am sorry as I know this has been covered before but I can't seem to find a definitive tutorial. I have been using 1Password for years as a standalone app and this year upgraded to the family plan. My issue now is getting everything to look the same on ALL computers in my network at home. I have added my wife to the plan. She has a laptop, a desktop computer, an iPad and her iPhone. I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and an iPad as well as a Windows 10 PC. I want to be able to go to each machine and see only my shared vault along with my personal vault. My wife wants the same, but of course her own private vault, not mine and the shared vault.

Currently on my iPhone, I see four vaults, the family stuff with the private and shared vaults as well as the original vaults under On My iPhone, Primary and 1Password. On my mac, I see the Family vaults plus another Primary vault. On my wifes machine it is similar. So, I am assuming that I somehow need to move entries from each of the extra vaults (Primary and 1Password) over to either Private or Shared, after first eliminating any duplicates (would like to know someones method for doing this as this will be tedious). Is this correct? Anyone have a really good method of accomplishing all of this?

Cheers
Dave

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra, Windows 10
Sync Type: Family Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @filch!

So, I am assuming that I somehow need to move entries from each of the extra vaults (Primary and 1Password) over to either Private or Shared

That's correct: you can follow these steps to move items from one vault to the other.

This discussion has been closed.