Cannot See login/passwords on iPhone

TimmyR
TimmyR
Community Member
Good morning, I love this app and have had no problems until just recently. On my iPhone I ran into some login trouble with Dropbox and master passwords. I believe I have my iPhone, iPad and Macs all logging in and syncing correctly, except that my iPhone now only shows blanks for logins and passwords. All of the accounts/websites, etc. are still listed, but when I tap password or login, it takes me to a blank screen. I disabled syncing witih Dropbox in fear of losing ALL my login data. My iPad seems to be still working just fine.

Could I have locked myself out of my iPhone data in some way?

Thanks and sorry if this is addressed elsewhere.

Tim

Comments

• Hi Tim,

No, it looks like you may be experiencing an interface glitch.

Try this to fix this:

1. Open the main 1Password app on one of your Macs, go to the the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File
    2. Wait for Dropbox to finish its sync on the Mac, you'll see a green checkmark on the blue Dropbox icon on the top menu bar
    3. Once you do, open 1Password on the iPhone, go to Settings > Sync > Dropbox, tap on "Sync Now".

Once it is done syncing, restart the 1Password app completely: The way to restart an application on iOS is:

1) Press the Home button twice, it'll bring up the app switcher
    2) Find 1Password, tap and hold it for a few seconds till you see the red "-" mark shows up
    3) Tap the "-" mark to close the app
    4) Press the home button to get rid to the app switcher
    5) Open 1Password and see if it'll work better now

I hope that helps, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Barnaby
    Barnaby
    Community Member

These instructions on how to stop and restart the IOS app just saved my life!! I noticed that logins were suddenly no longer in sync between my iPhone and my Mac. Somehow (don't ask me how), Dropbox sync got turned off on my iPhone5. When I switched it back on, 1P prompted me for the Master Password on my iPhone. Somewhat flustered by now, I was confused about which password it was prompting for. I went over to my Mac, brought up the 1Password help, and view the video on syncing Macs to iPhones. When I returned to the iPhone, 1P had timed out and was prompting me for the Unlock Code. I entered the code, and saw nothing but total blackness on the iPhone screen. After 2 minutes, it timed out and asked for the Unlock Code again. Repeat code entry, Repeat Blackness. I was totally stuck until I found these instructions!!

Stopping and restarting the IOS app brought back everything. I turned on the Sync switch, entered the password, etc., etc., and everything is back to normal. MUCH THANKS!!!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike, you are very welcome! I'm glad that did the trick for you.

Please do let us know if you ever have any other trouble. We'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.