Safari extension not working as of 7.3.2

Options
mlines
mlines
Community Member

After the latest upgrade, safari extension no longer working. Whenever I attempt to fill in password fields I get prompted with a window to enable the extension. The extension is already enabled and installed and is showing in the safari menu bar. Toggling it on and off has no effect.

Do I need to reinstall 1password from scratch? Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:install safari

Comments

• thrilliams
    thrilliams
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@mlines - I can't say for certain just from your description, but the first thing I'd suggest is that you quit all running browsers, then Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Re-open both and see if that solves the issue. Make sure that the 1Password extension is enabled (checked) in Safari > Preferences > Extensions after you reopen it.

• mlines
    mlines
    Community Member
    Options

Deleting the app and reinstalling the latest version solved the problem for me. I can only guess it was a failure during the upgrade process for the prior version.

• thrilliams
    thrilliams
    Community Member
    Options

The resolution suggested by @Lars - quitting Safari and 1Password (completely) seems to have worked for me. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• estemmer
    estemmer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have suddenly started having a similar issue where the extension keeps disappearing from Safari. I have tried reinstalling 1Password per instructions earlier in this thread and it will work for a while, but it keeps going away. Sometimes when I start 1Password or Safari I get a dialogue asking if I wish to enable it, but it doesn't always stick.

MacOS 10.14.6
    1Password 7.4.1
    Safari 12.1.2

• reposting here after replying to the wrong thread.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@estemmer:

When the 1Password extension "disappears", do you still see it under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab?

• estemmer
    estemmer
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@ag_ana

No. It disappears from the Extensions list as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@estemmer:

If you haven't tried it already, can I ask you to try rebooting, and seeing if the extensions appears again at that point?

Alternatively, you could also try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar and select Quit 1Password completely), and see if that is also enough to refresh things.

• Flotto
    Flotto
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Also I am experiencing the same issue. Each time I start up my iMac the 1Password button in Safari has disappeard and I have to get it back from the Safari Preference pane. Very annoying!

Safari 13.03
    1Password 7.4.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flotto:

If you open 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, is the option named Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running enabled for you?

• Flotto
    Flotto
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Yes, I checked and 1Password Extension Helper is enabled. The situation is still the same, every time I start up my iMac the 1Password button in Safari has disappeard and I have to get it back from the Safari Preference pane. Very annoying!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flotto:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac immediately after this happens, and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• zam
    zam
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_ana I am having a similar issue, please see this video. Support ID: [#QAR-66327-824]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zam!

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: QAR-66327-824

This discussion has been closed.