2 mac computers, 2 iphones - numerous issues

cw26
cw26
Community Member

Upgraded from 6 to 7 membership (Individual, not Family) earlier this year. Thought all was well.
• Laptop is not synching with other devices. It shows my account name with Personal Vault.
• Neither computer shows sync tab in Preferences. Neither computer shows Primary Vault, only Personal Vault with my account name
• Two phones have two vaults - Personal (with my account name above it) and "On iCloud" with Primary below
• some duplicate items showing up on phones - one in Personal, one in Primary
Need some help.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: 7.4
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

Update - resolved last two issues with phones (by deleting Primary Vaults)
    Now understand that sync happens through 1Password, not iCloud

Still an issue - checking with Secure Note - laptop not synching when changes made on other computer or phones (happens instantly between other three devices)
    However, changes from laptop to other devices show up - but entire note is pasted above existing note

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cw26! I'm sorry for the trouble. When you create a 1password.com account, you're encouraged to migrate your data from your Primary vault to the new account's Personal or Private vault, then delete the Primary vault as it's no longer needed. It sounds as if you may have figured that out on your own, and removed the Primary vault on your two iOS devices.

Let's check to see what's appearing where -- I'd like you to create a Secure Note on each device in the Personal vault. Give each one a unique name such as "From iMac" or "from iPhone XS" or whatever's appropriate for your situation, so the Secure Notes's origins can easily be identified no matter where you see them. Give everything a moment to sync, then check each device -- do you see all of the notes in each device? Or are some missing?

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

Thanks for helping, Lars.
    I made the notes on each device as suggested. All 4 notes appeared instantly on both iPhones and the laptop. The desktop mac shows only the one created on it, even after several minutes and after quit/re-open 1P.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cw26 - OK, thanks. Please open the following location on both of your Macs: 1Password > Preferences > Vaults. How many vaults do you see, and what are their names?

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

Exactly the same on both. See screenshot.

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

Also, further edits to same notes from phones do not appear on laptop, and of course, not on desktop mac.

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

I hope someone will be able to continue to work on this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cw26:

Please send us a diagnostics report from each of your devices so we can take a closer look and see why this is happening to you. Once you have generated them, you can send them to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• cw26
    cw26
    Community Member

ag_ana,
    I have sent the 4 reports as requested. The phone reports were sent by the tool to support+ios@agilebits and the Mac reports to support@agilebits.com. I also tried to forward 3 of the four reports to support+forum@agilebits.com.

I have not received any ticket number in reply. Where should I get this number?
    Charlie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cw26: No worries. It looks like they were all sent from the same email address you used here on the forum, so I've got them. I'll get back to you with next steps after going over everything. :)

ref: IMR-63994-612

This discussion has been closed.