How do I rename an additional vault I created

Options
oliverwarshaw
oliverwarshaw
Community Member

Having just upgraded to 1PW7 I created and named a new vault (via the browser as I am currently locked out of the desktop app as it won't connect to the server). I then realised the name didn't reflect what I was placing inside it and so I would like to rename it. However I cannot find how to do this and if it isn't possible to rename, I can't see how I can delete this additional vault and start again.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:renaming additional vaults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oliverwarshaw - you should be able to sign into your 1password.com account in a browser at https://my.1password.com and edit the vault details (including name and icon) using these instructions. Let us know if you have questions or run into any issues.

• oliverwarshaw
    oliverwarshaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I’m unable to access any way to edit the vault names. The only way I can get to the panel you indicated is on my personal profile page which only allows me to edit my profile but not the vaults. Can you give me more specific instructions on how to get to the panel where I can edit the vault information.

• Ben
    Options

@oliverwarshaw

On the https://my.1password.com/home page you should see all of the vaults that you have access to that are a part of your membership. With each of those, if you have the ability to edit them, there will be a gear icon. Clicking on that icon will allow you to edit the details.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• oliverwarshaw
    oliverwarshaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

I've now found the right place and have successfully renamed the vault. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.