Disable lock

Options
ckp
ckp
Community Member

1p subscription plan. I can't begin to explain the frustration every time I've really needed 1p on my iphone XR or my ipad, it asks me for the master password even though I have it set to use face id. I don't care if it's because the phone rebooted or failed face id (although face id works fine getting into the iphone itself) or anything else. I do not memorize my 1p password nor do I want to. If face id is not a guarantee to get into my 1p on my iphone then I want to disable any lock at all on my iphone's 1p app. This caused me a lot of trouble many times. I cannot find any settings to disable all 1p locks. Please let me know how I can set 1p app to NEVER ask me for my master password or face id. There is no point for me to pay for 1p monthly if I keep getting into this situation where I can't access my vault on my iphone when I really need it. If you have no way to do this with the app, then I have no choice but to put my master password in iphone Notes or something like that, and even then I bet 1p won't let me paste the master password in. Sorry to sound so harsh, but this is a big deal to me. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 13.1.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ckp,

Please let me know how I can set 1p app to NEVER ask me for my master password or face id

That isn't possible, sorry. Your data is encrypted using your Master Password. To decrypt your data, your device needs to have your Master Password.

If you have no way to do this with the app, then I have no choice but to put my master password in iphone Notes or something like that, and even then I bet 1p won't let me paste the master password in.

It certainly isn't something we'd recommend (in fact we'd strongly recommend against it), but that is certainly your prerogative. It is possible to paste into the Master Password field. The best option would be to pick a different Master Password that you can remember.

Ben

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

But face id is supposed to get me in without typing my master password, but 1p doesn't seem to always use face id and sometimes forces master password. Si my only solution is to make things less secure by storing my master password in a notes file or something. I'm not going to remember complex master passwords and I may change them often.

• Ben
    Options

@ckp

I may change them often.

We don't recommend doing that. "Change a weak Master Password, otherwise leave it be."

Toward better Master Passwords

but 1p doesn't seem to always use face id and sometimes forces master password

Correct. If the secret isn't stored in the keychain then Face ID won't give 1Password access to it. The only way to put it back into the keychain is by entering the Master Password. How often are you seeing this? The only time I really run into having to enter my Master Password on iOS is when the device reboots... if you're being asked for the Master Password frequently there may be something wrong with your configuration. If that's the case we may be able to help you improve that.

Ben

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

I only see the master password requirement instead of my face id, when I'm in a situation where I really need it to work with face id haha. Sometimes it uses face id ok. I think the most liekly time it does not use face id is when I haven't run or used 1p app at all for a several days or weeks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckp:

I think the most liekly time it does not use face id is when I haven't run or used 1p app at all for a several days or weeks.

This is indeed the expected behavior then :)

This discussion has been closed.