Syncing delay time iOS

Options
Eduardo1066
Eduardo1066
Community Member

I just decided to move my main vault from dropbox to 1P account, which I haven't been using in full.

Thing is that when I created a new login or item on my Mac (catalina) takes a while to show up in 1P iOS. Is that normal.?

Also is there a way to force sync. ?

Before I can just know when dropbox finished syncing and can sync manually from iOS to make sure its update.

Thanks

Eduardo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Eduardo1066

Thing is that when I created a new login or item on my Mac (catalina) takes a while to show up in 1P iOS. Is that normal.?

This is not normal and is something we would like to help troubleshoot. Could you please try this for me:

1. Log in at https://my.1password.com using a web browser on a computer
    2. Add a test item (perhaps a Secure Note) from each of your devices with a title that'll make it obvious which device the item came from (e.g. "iPhone test")
    3. After creating each item check the web interface from step 1 to see if the item has appeared, and note the results. Also check each other device to see if it has received that item, and note those results as well.

Please let us know what you find.

Also is there a way to force sync. ?

Locking and unlocking 1Password will "force" a sync, if one is possible, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Ben

• george_perez
    george_perez
    Community Member
    Options

I'm noticing the same thing! But other way around for me. I don't really understand, sync with 1Password.com was instantaneous when I first got it (like a few months after launch). Now it takes hours to sync, and then if I do an edit it creates duplicates or overwrites new stuff with old stuff.

• Eduardo1066
    Eduardo1066
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I did some test and all working good. Maybe was something with my VPN connection.

What I also did and maybe helps George was to disconect completely the other vault syncing with dropbox. I think that might be causing some confusion.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Eduardo1066. I'm glad to hear things seem to be working better now. And yes, there shouldn't be any non-1Password.com vaults in the app. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.