Autocomplete on login and credit card not working in 1Password mini

Options

I work in both Linux and Windows. On linux I use 1Password X and it's way more user friendly since it suggest login information from my vaults, credit card numbers and anything else it can autocomplete however on Windows I have noticed that the extension that require the native app doesn't offer as nearly as good user experience in browser.

Did 1Password X become the go to extension if needing in browser support?
Just as extra information, this happens in both Chrome and Firefox, the shortcut to auto-fill work ( Ctrl + \ ) but I prefer the contextual menus

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hey, @jarodriguezr,

You can use 1Password X in Windows also. In fact, should you choose, you can use 1Password X everywhere you'd like. 1Password X runs entirely on the browser without the necessity of the desktop app, but you can keep using the desktop app whilst you have 1Password X on your browsers. You can learn more about 1Password X here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Did 1Password X become the go to extension if needing in browser support?

I was using 1Password X for a while but eventually learned that I prefer to use the 1Password extension companion. It's entirely up to you :)

Cheers

• Yulka1355 has the right of it, @jarodriguezr. Personally, I use 1Password X alongside my desktop app everywhere even though I could use the companion extension on every device I own. I find I prefer its filling experience, plus it provides some consistency on the rare occasion I'm using my Mac. I use the same external keyboard on Mac and PC and the simple difference of Cmd + \ vs. Ctrl + \ always used to trip me up. With 1Password X across the board I can just rely on muscle memory, which is a small thing really, but I feel like my brain is overtaxed enough these day that every little bit helps. :chuffed:

• jarodriguezr
    jarodriguezr
    Community Member
    Options

While I understand the difference between 1Password with the companion extension and 1Password X my comment was aimed more to ask if the difference in user experience was normal and by design, I really find annoying that it changes based on which extension I install if it's the same product.
    Both comments had made it clear it's intended and I thank you for your time @bundtkate and @Yulka1355

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

Then I'd suggest sticking with the one you prefer rather than playing "musical extensions", as that will give you a more consistent experience, which I also prefer. :)

We've experimented with 1Password X since it's much "younger" and more flexible in many ways, both as far as the technologies used to build it and how it's deployed and used. We'll continue to take the best from each and bring them together over time though. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.