Duplicate itemes - no old vault

Options
eriksatie
eriksatie
Community Member

Hi I've upgraded from 1password 6 to 1password families. After upgrading the osx app and login in with the iOS app all item are duplicated. I've read a pair of threads here in the forum that pointed to the old vault being still there, but I cannot see it in the preferences. How can I check for the old vault? what else can it be if the old vault is not there?

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• eriksatie
    eriksatie
    Community Member
    Options

to be more precise not all elements are duplicated, it seems that passwords and login are mainly duplicated

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eriksatie: Click/tap the "rainbow" All Vaults icon in the upper left of 1Password. Do you have a Primary vault there?

• eriksatie
    eriksatie
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@brenty No, I don’t have a primary vault, just private and shared

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eriksatie: Thanks for checking. If you have multiple copies of the same item in a single vault, that would be because you copied the same data there more than once, perhaps by doing the migration of the same data on more than one device. You'd need to either remove any unwanted copies manually or use 1Password for Mac Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicates to get rid of item which are actually identical (it will not touch any which are not).

• eriksatie
    eriksatie
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @brenty I've solved with Clean Up Duplicates
    just to inform you, I don't think I've done nothing wrong. I've just upgraded 1password 6 to 1password 7 on my Mac, then logged in to my 1password account on my iPhone app. I've not been asked to migrate data on iOS. It ended up with about 100 duplicates on 500 total entries

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I didn't say you'd done something "wrong". Some people duplicate data intentionally. If that's not what you intend though, it's better not to do it. 1Password doesn't not spontaneously copy any data though. Anyway, I'm glad that the clean up helped. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.