Issues with multiple Chrome windows

Options

This is a weird thing I noticed the other day at work. I have Windows 10 on a PC and using Chorme. If I have multiple windows open (each with tabs), if I open a tab on the second window and use the plugin to select a 1Password user/password, nothing happens, and the other Chrome window comes to the front. If I then open a tab on that other window (the one that came to the front) and try 1Password, it works (fills in the username and password). Are you aware of this issue?

1Password Version: 4/6/2/626 (24)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Local file

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @ajahn, I have a couple of questions:
    1. What Chrome version do you use?
    2. What 1Password version do you have? Also, what 1Password extension version do you have?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Extension Version
    Application version 4.6.2.626

Another weird thing I just saw was, I'm on the first window and open a site. I select sign in. I click on the extension icon for 1Password. The second window gets focus and the extension popup pops up on the other window (the one that got focus). Very strange.

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure I fully understand the situation. Are you able to autofill at all? As far as I know, 1Password 4 does not work in Chrome for quite a while now. Are you able to autofill any website at all, regardless of the issue you are talking about?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. Some autofill just fine. Windows is my work environment and a bit flaky. Normally I use Macs at home. No issues there. Thinking of trying the subscription model in the near future. Then I can get the latest version for my work PC.

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

I think then it might be better to let one of the 1Password's team members answer your question because as far as I know 1Password 4 doesn't work on Chrome.
    But in general, I think you'll enjoy the membership better because everything is up to date and compatible with most of the browsers (even Linux and Chrome OS).

You can read about it here, if you want: https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

Cheers :)

• Yulka1355 is right about 1Password 4, @ajahn – it isn't supposed to be working with Chrome any longer. Google changed Chrome's code signature several months back at this point and because 1Password 4 is no longer getting updates, we didn't update it with Chrome's new signature. This means it shouldn't be recognizing Chrome at all any more. Chances are, you've got things configured in a particular way that's allowing that to be bypassed and any efforts we'd make at getting 1Password filling in all Chrome windows would be as likely to break filling in Chrome entirely as fix the issue you're seeing. Given that what's working for you is actually what's unexpected, I'd be inclined to leave well enough alone unless and until you decide to upgrade to 1Password 7. As it stands, I suspect we're almost certain to make things worse rather than better otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.