Unable to establish connection with a 1Password desktop app

2»

Comments

• Fantastic, thank you @kaitlyn! I have one other quick question I'm not sure is worth its own thread: is there going to be a merging of the 1Password 7 and X "brands" at some point? I admit I was thrown off by the naming at first. I assumed the issue I reported above was due to me having the 1Password 7 app but X extension, and spent some time looking for a 1Password X app and wondering how in the holy hell I missed three major version bumps (assuming X = 10).

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@hxgrp – I think that's a really good question! As far as I know, there isn't any plan to merge 1Password 7 and X. 1Password X was really named that way because it's an eXtension, but Apple really changed the game when they released the iPhone X (10). I realize X is a roman number number as well, but I don't think it's what we were going for when naming 1Password X. Either way, 1Password 7 and 1Password X are different beasts, and I don't see them merging. I do see where you're coming from in regards to the naming though. Thanks for sharing things from your perspective!

• When will this be available in the stable version? I was on the Beta but had to give it up on my work computer due to constantly requiring admin creds to update (which my IT dept has to provide). This feature has been in beta for months now?

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@RowlandVale – I wish I had more info for you, but I honestly don't have anything new to share. Desktop App Integration is an extremely robust feature that we want to ensure works very well before we release it to the stable versions of 1Password X and 1Password for Mac. We'll likely make an announcement once it does become available in the stable versions, so stay tuned. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file