Newly purchased. Autofill login doesn't work on 22 sites so far (tho works on many others)

On many, many sites the log-in pop up did not work but I figured out how to save user name/pw manually. I'm now going back to test if the autofill function works. So far (and I'm about half way through my list of sites) I've found 22 sites where it doesn't fill in user name, password or both. (I note that it does work as intended on many other sites.) In 8 of the failed cases the site I want to use changes screens for pw entry after entering the user name - is that causing a problem? On other sites, you enter user and pw on the same screen but autofill still doesn't work. In one case (Fidelity), the pw is autofilled but not the user name. In another case (Chase) the software takes me to a different screen than the one I usually enter my info on (i.e., other than the Chase home page), enters both user and pw but after clicking a login box nothing happens. In the case of a Citi account, the pw is lengthy but the entry in the Vault shows only the first letter so, of course, it doesn't work. Note all of my entry is on a Mac (Catalina) but we also are using IOS and Chrome on other devices.

1Password Version: 711
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Newly purchased. Autofill login doesn't work on 22 sites so far (tho works on many others)

Comments

• Hey @yoyobeep 👋 Welcome to 1Password and to the forum.

Sign-in pages that span multiple screens aren't a problem. If you're having problems, please try saving a login as mentioned here:

https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

If an entry in the vault doesn't show your correct data, then you'll need to edit those items to have the correct data, or of course 1Password isn't going to know that it's filling something invalid.

Give those above directions a whirl, and if you're still having any issues, please let me know the specific URLs you're having trouble with so we can test on our end to see if there's an issue or if we just need to help you craft a login that works properly. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.