7.4.1 installed and immediate problems

Options
1pfourlofin
1pfourlofin
Community Member

I installed the beta update. In Safari, the menu icon no longer is responsive to a left click. I can only go to preferences or quit. If I completely quit the app, then a relaunch allows the mini to work for a second, then it stops responding again. Of course, I paid for this because I wanted to use it with Safari instead of Chrome (working okay in chrome). This, coupled with the constant requests to sync my web account, is driving me nuts. First of all, can I just roll back to 7.3.1? That worked except for the sign in prompts. If not, what are my options to go back to a working safari edition?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac high sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1pfourlofin
    1pfourlofin
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I may have fixed it. I removed the extension, quit and restarted safari and downloaded the extension again. Atm, working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @1pfourlofin! I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1pfourlofin - something you said makes me think you're going to have continued problems here -- "downloaded the extension." Since version 7.2, due to changes made by Apple to their Safari extension format, there IS no way to download or install the 1Password extension into Safari separately...unless you're using the Mac App Store version.

If you're using the Mac App Store version, you need to use it with a 1password.com account/membership, because we don’t sell the Mac App Store version standalone anymore. If you've got a 1Password account, great. But if you're using standalone data and syncing via Dropbox or iCloud, you'll need to fully quit 1Password 7 for Mac, delete it, and install the version from our downloads page.

• 1pfourlofin
    1pfourlofin
    Community Member
    Options

I've got an account - although I constantly get a sync authorization pop up every time I log in (but I saw another post where this is happening to other folks as well, so now I know it's not just me). In Safari, there is an "uninstall" for 1p under extensions now. anyway, it's working this morning, lol, so I don't have to look up passwords on my phone and then type them in, yay.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1pfourlofin - if you're getting an authentication message from your 1Password account, I'd seriously recommend seeing whether you can visit https://my.1password.com in a browser and sign in that way. An authentication error means that your local 1Password application has the wrong credentials (email address, Master Password or Secret Key) to sign into your 1password.com account. Are you able to sign into your account in a browser at that address?

• 1pfourlofin
    1pfourlofin
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I can sign in on the website. I spent some time with one of your support folks and after trying various things, he said it was a bug and maybe an update will fix it. He suggested I download the betas. Currently, I have autolock turned off (my home computer only) so it doesn't drive me nuts. As I said, I found another thread where people said it happens to them, too, so maybe you guys will figure it out eventually. I switched from Chrome to Safari (higher quality netflix) and that meant I had to buy a subscription so I'd like it to work properly, lol.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1pfourlofin - generally, I'd advise to keep support communications in one channel instead of spread out across one or more threads in this forum as well as email simultaneously; it avoids redundant effort and confusion on everyone's part. Since you're already discussing the issue via the much more comprehensive (as well as private) email channel, let's keep the conversation going that way, if that's all right with you. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.