Identities

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Was thinking of storing contacts in 1password under the identities functionality ? Is this what it's used for ?

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

I think it is more used for different "roles" you have (consumer, employee, ...).

You can store an "identity" with your personal (email) address and one for work:

https://support.1password.com/credit-card-address-filling/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I know some people do that, but it's not something I'd ever recommend since it's not intended for that purpose and therefore we aren't going to design around it. There are already a ton of contact management apps out there, and it's not an area we have any plans to get into.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I kinda guessed it was for primarily forum filling so things like checking out or signing up are less laborious.

Thanks guys . I can keep important business numbers inside login and bank entrys anyway

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1: That's a good point that I didn't think of when replying earlier, but I do that as well: for example, bank/card phone numbers in those items; I almost never need them, but they're there if and when I do. Cheers!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty no problem

It's all about convenience for me ; if I happen to need some bank information on 1passsord, the telephone numbers are right in front of me if a telephone call is necessary.

I actually list about 3 different numbers for specific purposes : IE lost card, fraud and general banking. I put a lot of effort into my database lol. I even add emojis on certain titles to spice it up a bit , I guess some might deem that rather sad but I have plenty of time on my hands these days Haha.

Regards
    Stan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well...I do it too. I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I do spend a few minutes adding that info just in case. I hate it when Past Me gets Present Me into trouble by being lazy and not thinking ahead. :lol: Keeping that info in 1Password also means I don't have to keep around a bunch of paper and keep track of where it is, so I think in the long run it actually saves me a bit of time/effort. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Sorry for late reply no email notitication

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

You're well prepared and think ahead like myself then :) yeah past me didn't think carefully sometimes either. I remember I lost my bank card and I didn't write my card number, sort code or account number down anywhere and it caused a bit of hassle. It's good to have these things written somewhere.

Just joined curve lately , I must add their lost card emergency number into my 1pw entry because their email ticket service is so slow , 5 days sometimes and no reply:(

Regards
    Stan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah we can't really predict when stuff like that happens, so the best we can do is try to be prepared. Hope all goes well!

This discussion has been closed.