1Password Icon blinking in my Firefox toolbar

Options
fargozhu
fargozhu
Community Member

1password icon is blinking on firefox for the 2nd time in two days and it stops working in all browsers. Yesterday I had to remove the plugin from all browsers and restart 1password main app

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2 Beta (19C32e)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fargozhu: That indicates that Firefox cannot connect to 1Password. Either something is interfering, or something is broken there. Have you tried rebooting?

• dlnash18
    dlnash18
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem today. It started happening right after the App Store updated 1P to 7.4.1. No amount of stopping and restarting Firefox or 1P would fix it, nor would removing and re-installing the extension. Logging out and back in fixed it. Maybe something wonky is going on with the update?

macOS 10.14.6
    Firefox 70.0.1
    1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401001)
    Mac App Store
    1Password extension 4.7.5.90

• joeg3
    joeg3
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem as @dlnash18 where the plugin stopped working after updating 1password to 7.4.1.

Firefox 70.0.1
    macOS 10.13.6

• danmartens
    danmartens
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue. I tried restarting the browser, re-installing the 1Password add-on, and restarting my computer.

1Password 7.3.2
    Firefox 70.0.1
    macOS 10.15.1

• ELLIOTTCABLE
    ELLIOTTCABLE
    Community Member
    Options

One more, here. Exact same versions as @dlnash18 above. (=

• fargozhu
    fargozhu
    Community Member
    Options

every time that this is happening I need to remove the firefox extension and install it again.

The awkward part is that when "this" blinking thing happens on firefox , the 1password stops working for all the browsers also until I reinstall it again on firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlnash18: Thanks for letting me know! It sounds like Native Messaging was just hung up in your case, as a restart would re-initialize that as well. Quitting 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q -- and Firefox before restarting both may work too, but a reboot ensures there aren't any other processes preventing them from being reset fully. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danmartens: At the very least, you need to update 1Password. Please do the following:

1. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/

Let me know how it goes!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fargozhu: Thanks for following up. This can happen more with updates, so it makes some sense to me that you'd encounter this coincident with version 7.4 and 7.4.1 being released, but it's the exception rather than the rule. I wonder if something in the macOS beta or other piece of software is getting things hung up on your system. I suspect that what I suggested above might help, but I don't have any way of knowing what's causing that in the first place on your machine.

• joeg3
    joeg3
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @brenty unfortunately uninstalling the FF plugin and 1PW, restarting my Mac, and reinstalling didn't help. Guess I'll have to copy and paste usernames and passwords until fixed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options
  • danmartens
    danmartens
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks! I think the issue might have just been that I was installing the "1Password X" add-on instead of the "companion app extension". Everything seems to be working now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for the update. Glad that did the trick. :)

• joeg3
    joeg3
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what was different the 2nd time, but uninstalling and reinstalling the app and FF plugin seems to have fixed things. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joeg3 - glad to hear it! On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.