1password7 on my mac does not appear to be syncing with iOS devices

Options
jmsmbry
jmsmbry
Community Member

I thought when i got my membership and 1password 7 for my mac that everything is suppose to sync. Well I created a login on my iPhone and it does not show up on my mac. It does show up if I sign in to mypassword.com
Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: catalina 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmsmbry - it sounds as if you may still have one or more standalone vaults in 1Password for Mac, if that's the case. Check both devices:

1. In 1Password for iOS, click Settings > Vaults and see how many vaults you have there and what their names are.
    2. In 1Password for Mac, click 1Password > Preferences > Vaults and do the same.

Is there a vault in 1Password for Mac called "Primary" (or possibly other vaults as well that are not part of your 1password.com account)? If so, you'll want to remove those no-longer-needed standalone vaults. Follow the device-specific instructions here for assistance with that. Make sure you copy any data out of Primary that's not yet in your 1password.com account, before you delete Primary. Let us know if you have any questions.

• jmsmbry
    jmsmbry
    Community Member
    Options

Same vaults on all devices. None called "primary". Don't know if this helps, but I did a test "secure" note on each device (mac, iPhone and iPad) to see if it would show on the other devices. The results were:
    The note created on mac synced with iOS devices.
    The note created on iPhone synced with iPad only....did not show on mac
    The note created on iPad synced with iphone only.......did not show on mac
    Is the 1password 7 on mac not linked to the 1password.com account like the iOS devices?
    Not resolved!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmsmbry - sorry to hear things are still not quite right with sync for you. To get a better look at what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#GQL-96863-647]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

@jmsmbry only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: GQL-96863-647

• jmsmbry
    jmsmbry
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the emails with the diagnosis you requested

• jmsmbry
    jmsmbry
    Community Member
    Options

Here are some photo of what I see. Mac looks different.

• jmsmbry
    jmsmbry
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone shows this

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @jmsmbry! We have received all your emails. I will now close this discussion so we can continue the conversation via email and avoid duplicating answers :)

This discussion has been closed.