Right click doesn't bring up the 1Password option

Options
mwolfson
mwolfson
Community Member

My wife and I both run Macs with OS 10.14.6 (Mojave). On my machine, when I right click on a form that needs filling in (eg login or credit card), I get the 1Password option and when I select it, the correct info pops up. On my wife's computer, when she right-clicks, the 1 Password option does NOT appear. I've checked in the preferences section, and all appropriate boxes seem to be checked. Any ideas. It's so frustrating for her that she manually has to go into the program, locate the website and then copy/paste the info. She would prefer not to use it.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: same
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: cloud I think

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mwolfson!

Can you confirm that she has downloaded and installed the 1Password browser extension on her computer, for the browser that she is using?

• mwolfson
    mwolfson
    Community Member
    Options

Yes she does. She is running 7.4.1 on Safari, which is supposed to automatically load the extension. She also has the small icon on the top right corner of her screen, which I believe is the extension icon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwolfson:

She also has the small icon on the top right corner of her screen, which I believe is the extension icon

That's 1Password mini, it's not the browser extension. 1Password mini cannot fill items in a browser, so let's make sure that the Safari extension is correctly enabled. If she opens Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, does she see 1Password in that list? And is it enabled?

That window should look like this:

This discussion has been closed.