How do I see my vault on family member's device?

Options
doray
doray
Community Member

I would like to add my 1Password account to my husband's iPad, so that if anything were to happen to my phone and I didn't have access to my computer, I could still get to my passwords. But 1Password won't let me add the account -- maybe because we're already on the same account/team!
How do I add or see my vault on his device? Is that even possible?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't add 1Password account for family member to device

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doray!

maybe because we're already on the same account/team!

I think this is the case. If you are both part of the same 1Password team, you cannot add both accounts to the same 1Password app. If you absolutely need access to your 1Password data on a third device, have you considered using the account's Shared vault? That would show up on your husband's iPad without the need for you to login to it.

• doray
    doray
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana! I discovered that while I may not be able to log into my account on his iPad, I can at least go to 1Password.com in a browser, sign into a different account (mine), and look up my passwords that way!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doray: that is correct, you are able to login to as many 1Password accounts as you want inside a browser, so if that's something that works for you, perhaps it's going to be the easiest option :)

• doray
    doray
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, thank you so much for responding to my question!
    Good to know I'm not missing anything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doray, you are very welcome! I am glad that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.