FaceID works (sometimes) others, not

three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited November 2019 in iOS

Have new iPhone11. works fine ..except w/ 1PW. If i turn off the phone for a few hrs... then turn on, FaceID fails. Then after input Master PWD, don’t get ANY of my settings... Just an empty 1PW. It Notes that my.1Password.com acct is active...but no login data available No logins, etc etc. Fiddling a while,,back & forth I finally get FaceID back to working again.
I’m beginning to rue the loss of fingerprint ID,,, although FaceID works fine in all my other apps. Settings are ON for faceID, Master should ONLY be needed if FaceID fails.
But in my case it is quite often.

What am I missing with the new phone?

BTW, battery life is Great!. But having to enter MasterPWD often is tiring...especially on a Phone. (On my iPad...no problem using attached keypad with ios13.2.2. but then my iPad has a HOME button! And has no FaceID Hooray!)

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Subscriber

Comments

• Hi @three-cushion

Could you please let me know what 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password is set to?

Ben

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

Set to “Never”
    thanx

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

Now on iOS Ver 7.4.4.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Just noted: in Advanced, 3rd party keyboards as active need a restart of 1PW. Just how does one “restart” 1PWD anyhow? I have Logitech attached to my iPad.

• @three-cushion

That setting is only applicable to software keyboards, not hardware ones. I'd recommend turning that back off. You can learn about how to 'restart' iOS apps here:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for the Face ID situation... could you please elaborate on what you mean when you say "Face ID fails"? Are you getting an error message, or something along those lines, or is Face ID simply unavailable / not an option?

Ben

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

Ben: Thanx.. You mean (Don’t use the “never” setting?) If so , with a hardware keyboard, which setting should i use? besides never there are several...from “After Device restart” to “30days” with other options in between. I just changed it to “30 days”.

“FaceID fails”.....all I see is evidence of Vault...but no listings of logins that ARE in the vault... After retrying several times, the vault then shows all my logins and 1PW works. If I get it again I’ll send a screenshot...

Thanx again for prompt response.

• Ben: Thanx.. You mean (Don’t use the “never” setting?) If so , with a hardware keyboard, which setting should i use? besides never there are several...from “After Device restart” to “30days” with other options in between. I just changed it to “30 days”.

I was referring to the 3rd party keyboards setting. That is for 3rd party on-screen keyboards, not physical keyboards.

“FaceID fails”.....all I see is evidence of Vault...but no listings of logins that ARE in the vault... After retrying several times, the vault then shows all my logins and 1PW works. If I get it again I’ll send a screenshot...

Gotcha. Yes, please do that. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.