I don't understand vaults.

Options

I have just upgraded from 1Password 4 to 1Password 7 and have migrated the data across. 1Password 7 says I have two vaults, but it appears as if there may be three (?), shown as Personal, On This PC and 1Password. "On This PC" and "1Password" vaults contain identical information, but there is more information under Personal that does not appear in the other two vaults. The "On This PC" option appears between the Personal and 1Password vault options and appears to be in a slightly lower case than the remaining two vaults - this may mean something?

What vault should I save future logins or other information into? Does information added to one vault transfer automatically to the others? And where has the extra information in the Personal vault come from? Is the 1Password vault used for synchronizing between devices, and if so should I save future logins in that? Any assistance welcome!

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vaults

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hdsoawhdhagf,

Sorry for the confusion!

It seems that you have two different local vaults in addition to your Personal vault that is a part of your 1Password account. Those local vaults are shown under "On this PC" sub-heading in your vault list.

To avoid any further confusion, I would recommend you to move all of your data to your Personal vault, then get rid of your local vaults. Here is how:

1) Click All Vaults at the top of the sidebar or choose View > Show/Hide Vaults (Ctrl + D). If you have a different vault selected, you’ll see its name instead of All Vaults.
    2) Click ... next to the standalone vault you want to remove and choose “Remove vault”.

This way you will be using your 1Password account and all future items will be saved in your Personal vault. Let me know if you have any difficulties with this process, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• hdsoawhdhagf
    hdsoawhdhagf
    Community Member
    Options

HI Greg,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. All is OK now, did as you suggested and no more confusion! Many thanks again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hdsoawhdhagf: Great news! :) I am glad to hear that I was able to help.

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.