can't apply 1Password 7.4.1 update "unable to close 1Password", can you help?

Options
dwgilb
dwgilb
Community Member

Other user is logged off. I have tried to close 1Password. Has failed 3 times. Should I just try to reboot?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.1
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:can't apply 1Password 7.4.1 update "unable to close 1Password"

Comments

• lgroothaert
    lgroothaert
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I manually close 1Password, Launchpad icon bounces as if app was installed but red "1" stays visible on app store icon and 1Password is still at 7.3.2. Please help! ;-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dwgilb - from just your description, I'm not sure what the exact issues is, but make sure you're quitting Safari and then quitting 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Let me know how that works for you.

• dwgilb
    dwgilb
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,

I followed your instructions to close Safari and hold down the Control and Option keys as I chose quit from the 1Password menu. This resolved the problem and the update was applied successfully.
    Thank you.

P.S. How was I supposed to know this? I haven't had to do this in the past as far as I can recall.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @dwgilb! I am glad that quitting 1Password completely helped sort things out :)

This discussion has been closed.