i have bought a 1password 7 license, but 1pw freezes now. WTF?

Options
ccorrado
ccorrado
Community Member

Hello, i have bought a 1Password license last month to avoid the subscription plan. also i made an account on your website.
And now 1PW freezes!! What (tf) happens here? how can i have my access back? i already paid you!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx mojave
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:license freeze

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hey, @ccorrado,
    When opening up an account on the website you, in fact, are opening up a membership account. You get 30 free days to try out the subscription and when the 30 days are over and you haven't continued with the subscription plan the account freezes.

You said that you bought the license, so you don't have to worry because you can transfer your data from your frozen membership account to your 1Password 7 :)
    You need to add your membership account to the app (you can see here how you can do so: https://support.1password.com/add-account/#add-your-account-to-the-app), then select all the items from your frozen membership account (ctrl+A) and move them to your license account.

Hope that helps,
    Cheers

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ccorrado

As Yulka1355 alluded 1Password.com accounts are subscription accounts. If you created an account there, you signed up for a subscription membership. If you didn't pay for that membership, then the account would freeze at the end of the 30 day trial period. That doesn't prevent you from accessing your existing data, but it does prevent you from adding more, editing the existing, and from using the browser extensions. If you purchased a license, and intend to use that instead of a membership, we have a guide that can help here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.