Since upgrade to Firefox 70, 1PW add-on no longer works after opening browser

Options
workflowsguy
workflowsguy
Community Member

Hello,

every since I upgraded FF to 70, when I open Firefox, go to a website that requires login, and click the icon for the 1PW add-on, simply nothing happens (NB., when I click the 1PW Mini icon in the Mac's Menu bar at that stage, it shows a message to install the 1PW extension even though it already is.)
I have to go to the add-ons page in Firefox, deactivate and reactivate the 1PW add-on, only then does it work again.

I already have followed the instructions on https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/, but the issue is still present.

My Firefox version is 70.0.1

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @workflowsguy!

When this happens, are you able to use the cmd+backslash keyboard shortcut when you are on the website, instead of clicking on the browser extension button?

• workflowsguy
    workflowsguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_ana,

no, when I press CMD+Shift+Alt+/ (I have a german keyboard), the "Firefox" menu item lights up briefly, but otherwise, nothing happens.
    Also, the "deactivate & reactivate" workaround no longer has any effect.

• Hi @workflowsguy, I'm sorry for our delay in response. I'll follow up via the email you sent, so we're not duplicating our work in two places. Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.