7.4 not working in Safari or Firefox on a Mac

Options
maizdry
maizdry
Community Member

Hi there - I'm running ver 7.4 and as of a few days ago, 1P extension stopped working in both Safari and Chrome. Today's update from 1P didn't make it better or worse. Sometimes the extension icon is completely greyed out, sometimes (can't find a pattern) it's solid but when I click on it or attempt to autofill a password, it opens on screen for just a brief flash, then disappears. When I click on the app icon in my Mac's menu bar I get a notice to install the password extension for whichever browser I'm in, even though it's already installed. The 1P app is located in my Applications folder and works fine, but copying and pasting is getting old really fast.

I've tried closing and restarting the browsers, restarting the computer, uninstalling the extensions then reinstalling and restarting everything. I'm on a MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.1, 1Password 7.4 (70400012) via the Mac App Store, Firefox 70.0.1, and Safari 13.0.3.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX Catalina 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:7.4 not working in Safari or Firefox on a Mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maizdry! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try following the instructions posted by my colleague Ben here and see if they help?

• maizdry
    maizdry
    Community Member
    Options

Hi -- That may be a solution for Safari but I'm experiencing the problem in both Firefox and Safari, suggesting something more systemic...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maizdry:

My apologies, I might have misread your original post. Before we try anything else, may I ask you to update to the latest version of 1Password (the latest one is 7.4.1). I am not sure this is directly related to what you are seeing, but it will be good to make sure we are on the latest version to avoid one potential issue.

• maizdry
    maizdry
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again - Updating to 7.4.1, which was released after I first posted the problem, seems to make 1P work again in both Firefox and Safari. I'll see if it remains stable and write again if it doesn't. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear things are working again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.