Smart Keyboard & Password Autofill

Options
oLee42
oLee42
Community Member

A while ago the autofill bar on the bottom of the screen stopped showing up when using my smart keyboard on iPadOS.
I have to disconnect the smart keyboard, wait for the software keyboard to show up and sometimes even switch input fields in the browser for the autofill bar to appear.
Is this a known iPadOS bug or is there something wrong with my configuration?
I have the same issue on both, my 12.9 and 11 inch iPad Pros. I already tried disabling password autofill in settings and rebooting the iPad, without success.

1Password Version: most current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 13.2.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @oLee42

Is this the Apple smart keyboard? While I don't have one myself to test, I would think if there were a conflict between Apple's smart keyboard and the iOS autofill function we'd be hearing a ton of reports about that. I do use a Bluetooth keyboard extensively with my iPad Pro, and haven't seen any difficulties. Have you consulted with Apple about this situation?

Ben

• dinglem
    dinglem
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is from a little while ago, but I do not see a response with the answer. When using an ipad pro with a smart keyboard, you only get a password autofill prompt if you have shorcuts enabled. With my 1st gen ipad pro, this was not on by default (or I turned it off between getting it and when password autofill by 3rd party apps became available). Settings > general > keyboards > under all keyboards turn on the switch for “shortcuts”

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing @dinglem! Hopefully that helps if someone else finds themself in this situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.