How can I kill previous version 1PasswordAgent.app trying to access Downloads folder?

Options
davidmharding
davidmharding
Community Member

Have recently upgraded to v7. 1PasswordAgent.app puts up dialog about accessing files in your Downloads folder, reappears after clicking OK or Don't Allow; only disappears after 80 or so iterations. Console log shows agent cannot access data file in Downloads bc don't have permission to view; also shows agent is previous version 3.8.1.

Cannot entirely kill the process in Activity Monitor. Next step is what, remove agent app via Terminal and restart? And/or move data file out of Downloads.
/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app

1Password Version: 7, 3.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How can I get past persistent alert re access to downloads folder?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @davidmharding! 1PasswordAgent has not existed since 1Password 3 for Mac. On some systems, especially if you've used Migration Assistant or Time Machine to restore an older Mac onto a newer one, it may not have been properly removed. To fix this, try these steps:

• In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder, then copy and paste the following in the pop-up:~/Library/LaunchAgents
    • Delete ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist if it exists. If not, move on to the next step.
    • Choose Go > Go to Folder again, and copy and paste the following: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password
    • Delete the Agent folder
    • Empty your Mac’s Trash
    • Restart your Mac

That should take care of it, let us know if you run into any trouble.

• davidmharding
    davidmharding
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent. I believe that worked. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.