Getting everything cleaned up and synced

filch
filch
Community Member

So, I: have a Family account and am slowly working my way through the various devices. Firstly, while this was/is easy to do on a desktop, is there a good way to do through the old vaults on my iPhone to move any items from them to either shared or private and then delete these old vaults? Doesn't seem to be any good way to do this on the iPhone. Secondly, like a few here, I have two older iPad 3rd gens in my house. Would still like to be able to use these but it is looking poor at this point. These only have version 6 of 1password and looks like they cannot go to 7. Is there a way, even with reduced features, we can still sync these up to our Family account and get rid of the old vaults?

Cheers,
Dave

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Various
Sync Type: Cloud hopefully

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @filch!

Firstly, while this was/is easy to do on a desktop, is there a good way to do through the old vaults on my iPhone to move any items from them to either shared or private and then delete these old vaults?

Yes, you can migrate your items on your iPhone as well ;)

You can then delete the old vaults from 1Password Settings > Vaults menu.

I have two older iPad 3rd gens in my house. Would still like to be able to use these but it is looking poor at this point. These only have version 6 of 1password and looks like they cannot go to 7. Is there a way, even with reduced features, we can still sync these up to our Family account and get rid of the old vaults?

It's not the iPad itself, but rather the iOS version that it can run that is important: for example, 1Password 7 requires iOS 12.2 or later. 1Password 7 is required to use 1Password accounts with the app, so your iPad would have to be on iOS 12 for this to work.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Unfortunately the latest version of iOS that supports the third generation iPad is 9.3.5:

https://ipsw.me/iPad3,1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @XIII. In that case, the latest supported 1Password version on iOS 9 is 1Password 6, and the App Store will not allow to update to 1Password 7 until iOS itself is also updated :(

This discussion has been closed.