Error when inviting a family member to a Family account

sebaran
sebaran
Community Member

Hi there!
My mom's (individual) account has been frozen. She's 80 and not very resourceful with computers, but 1Password is extremely useful for her. I live in a different country, so it's difficult for me to help at the distance and could not unfreeze her account (something wrong with her Secret Key, although I know for sure it is right).
As another solution, I tried to invite her to my family account. Immediately after I enter her email to invite her, I get an "expired" sign. When I try to resend the invitation, I get the following error:

Failed to resend invitation.
Unknown error: Unknown error: The request response is empty

Please help!!!!

Sergio

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sebaran

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your mom's membership unfrozen. Do you have an Emergency Kit for your mom?

Get to know your Emergency Kit

If so you should be able to verify the Secret Key from that, unless it has been changed since the kit was generated. If the latter is the case, you should be able to get the Secret Key from one of the places she has 1Password installed. What devices is she using 1Password on?

Please let me know. We'll be happy to help get this sorted out. Once we get that working as expected if you still want to invite her to your family membership we can help with that as well.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.