Feature Request: per-Vault unlock method (e.g., TouchID for one, password for another)

Options
lredlefsen
lredlefsen
Community Member

Currently, the granularity of unlocking 1Password is "all vaults, using the same method".

While I mostly-kinda-sorta trust TouchID/FaceID, I want to fall back to password authentication (or maybe even password and TouchID/FaceID) for my super-duper-sensitive logins (financial stuff).

It would be nice if I could specify per-Vault unlock methods, so for my "Everyday" vault (Netflix, Facebook, Amazon, etc.), I'd be comfortable unlocking with TouchID/FaceID, but for my "Financials" vault, I'd want to require a password and maybe also TouchID/FaceID.

Does that make sense? Is there a way to do that today?

(Apologies if there's already a similar, much older request. I searched for "Feature Request" in the last 12 months, and didn't find anything similar.)

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lredlefsen

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this. I understand the request. We don't currently have plans to lock/unlock vaults separately from each other, but I can share the thought with the team. This would be a fairly radical change in how 1Password operates, so the bar for making the change would be fairly high. But we'll keep an eye out for other feedback of this nature. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.