**Product: **1

• Password.com (Family Subscription)

Setup:

• 1Password X Firefox [1.17.4-BETA]
  • 1Pasword7 Mac [7.4.2-BETA]

Goal
Create a data export that includes OTP

Perceived Issue
When creating a data export from 1Password7 on Mac, the one-time-password is not in the list of exportable fields, nor is it (or any similar reference) in the export itself.

Attempted Export Formats

• CSV
  • TSV
  • 1PIF

Attempted Export Styles

• Custom Fields (w/ Headers)
  • All Fields (w/ Headers)

Terms Searched For in Export

• one-time-password
  • one_time_password
  • secret
  • otp

Looking forward to any help I can get on this!

1Password Version: 7.4.2-BETA
Extension Version: 1.17.4-BETA
OS Version: OSX 10.15
Sync Type: 1Password Family
Referrer: forum-search:Export does not include OTP

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azohra: Thanks for getting in touch about this! Although I am not able to reproduce it so far, I want to make sure I'm not missing something Can you give me the exact steps you're taking, and also doublecheck that you're looking at the right thing?

For example, the text you would need to search for will largely depend on your input, which may not be something like " "one-time-password", "one_time_password, "secret", or "otp" at all. You would likely only have those strings if you'd set them yourself. A "one-time password" type field is simply a custom field which 1Password is programmed to treat specially. If you'd created a brand new custom field and done nothing other than select the "one-time password" type from the dropdown, you won't really have anything in the exported data to identify it. You'd need to have given that field a label. I usually name it "TOTP", in which case it will show in the exported data as "t":"TOTP". But if you did not do something similar, you will only have the actual text of the unique TOTP secret itself to be able to identify it in the exported data. Some TOTP secrets actually include something like "otpauth:" or "totp" somewhere in the string, but in many cases it's just a random Base32-encoded string of characters, which will not be particularly search-friendly or human-readable. So I'd suggest looking at the TOTP secret of a specific item in 1Password and seeing if that text is present in the export for that item. And you can simply import the exported item to make sure that it works as expected.

You can give TOTP secret fields memorable names if you want to be able to find them

Note that all of this only applies to 1PIF exports, as the other formats do not support custom fields native to 1Password. 1PIF is an open format which uses JSON to structure the data so it can be easily read and interpreted by both 1Password and other apps, and also is fairly human-readable.

Anyway, let me know what you find.

• azohra
    azohra
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhhh, interesting. Thanks for this detailed response

It is indeed in the 1PIF, but as you noted is not in the CSV & TSV. My end goal is a CSV/TSV with all the fields I utilize, such that I can import this into Remembear who support CSV/TSV import.

I will try grabbing the contents of the 1PIF OTP fields, create a new column in the csv with those strings, and see if I get my desired result.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azohra: Glad to hear it was a false alarm, and you have that in the 1PIF export. If we included all of the stuff specific to 1Password in CSV export most apps would choke on it, so I'd be interested if you're able to get that to work. 1PIF has been around for about a decade longer than they have, so a lot of other password managers support that since its JSON is fairly easy to parse and they don't need to reinvent the wheel in order to import 1Password data. :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@azohra ,

You could use the onepif converter in the converter suite as a start. I can help you customize its csv formatter to meet your needs.

This discussion has been closed.