Displayed item changes under my hands after saving

I understand why this is happening technically, but it is a bit confusing behaviour which could be improved. Steps to reproduce:

• I filter out items with weak passwords
  • I edit one of the items, setting a stronger password
  • I save the item, the edit form changes to an item view
  • The item no longer has a weak password, therefore disappears from weak password filter
  • The first item of Logins is displayed after a short while

Which is annoying when I want to keep working with the item (most frequently copy the new password to the clipboard just to be sure).

This would be improved if the same item were "reloaded" in the view when the Weak password list is recalculated.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

I just noticed this also happens after I save an item which doesn't disappear from the former list, eg. an item in a Watchtower list (Reused passwords). This only doesn't happen when I edit an item listed in a list in Categories (Logins).

• Hi @finwe,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is a known bug that will be fixed. We didn't filter out the item's category when updating the interface after saving an item, meaning that when you update an item of a specific category, it resets the interface to that category. For an example; if a Credit Card item is changed and you're not in that category but in other views like Watchtower, All Items, Trash, etc, it resets to Credit Card for you.

ref: dev/windows/opw#3389

This discussion has been closed.