When i add a file to a note using IOS it always says (in the 1password entry) "deleted file"

Options
ceebee
ceebee
Community Member

The attached file cannot be open, also not in 1password for mac.
This happens when i want add a file from the photo gallery.

When i add the same file in 1password for mac it works without a problem

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 13.2.2
Sync Type: teams
Referrer: forum-search:deleted file ios

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ceebee

I tried reproducing this issue but it seems to work as expected for me. I recorded a video showing my attempt:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/RPReplay_Final1574107995.mp4)

Have you tried this with different images? I wonder if 1Password for iOS is just having trouble with that image?

Ben

• beausmith
    beausmith
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

I’m having this issue too. Here is a video to showing this behavior…

One note about repro steps before video…

1. Using 1Password on iOS v7.4.4…
    2. Create a new membership entry in my private vault.
    3. Added two files via taking photo.
    4. Attempted to move item to other vault and was warned that "related items would not be moved".
    5. So I deleted the related photos linked to the membership item.
    6. I moved the membership item to a separate vault.
    7. I then attempted to add photos of my membership card to the moved membership item and thats when I ran ingo this "deleted file" issue.

I have had this issue before, perhaps 6 months ago, but didn't have the time to report it.

Debugging which did not work…

• force-quitting app
    • restarting phone

Creating a new membership item entry in the desired vault then adding files to the membership works.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @beausmith

Thanks for the additional report. We have seen a couple of reports like this. It seems that if you set your 'Vault for Saving' in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults to the vault you're working in that'll avoid the difficulty, but you'll want to change it back to avoid unintentionally saving items destined for your Private vault there. Hopefully we can get this fixed up in the future so that isn't necessary.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.