To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family Membership Question

gmeacher
gmeacher
Community Member

Hello. I've subscribed to a family membership via the Eero Plus subscription package. It converted my membership just fine but I'm trying to add my wife (who had an existing pre-subscription pricing 1password membership) and I can't figure it out. I've linked her account and she has access to the family shared passwords but I can't seem to get her account to work on its own. Shes getting inactive notifications now, so somehow she was transitioned into a trial period and now it's expired and she can't create new passwords to save, etc.

To the point.

How do I get my wife's membership to work independently of mine?
How do I get her account to be "paid membership" rather than the expired trial?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @gmeacher

I'm sorry this process wasn't more clear. It isn't possible to bring an existing 1Password membership inside of another one. It sounds like the problem here is that your wife has accounts in two memberships:

1. An account within her own (individual?) membership, that it sounds like she had before you set up 1Password Families, and may now be frozen
    2. An account within your 1Password Families membership, which it sounds like is being paid for via Eero Plus

The thing to do here would be to make sure all of her information is saved in the latter account, and then delete the former. If she logs into her account within the 1Password Families membership at https://my.1password.com/ (being sure she is using her unique Secret Key for her account within the family) does she see all of her information? If not, she can use 1Password for Mac to move her information from the present location to 1Password Families:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once she has all of her data in 1Password Families she can delete the old membership:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.