Multiple personal/family accounts in iOS app

hegguardo
hegguardo
Community Member

Is it possible to add/login multiple personal (1Password Family subscription) accounts to one iOS app? I am getting the following error/rejection message when trying to add a second account:
“1Password Account Cannot Be Added”

Device: iPhone X (MQAD2B/A)

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1.3
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple personal accounts

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hegguardo!

You can add as many 1Password accounts to the app as you wish, but you cannot add multiple accounts that belong to the same Families account. Only one user account from a Families account can be added to the app at the same time.

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Ok, understood, thank you 👍

• @hegguardo

On behalf of Ana you are most welcome. :)

Ben

• pecus
    pecus
    Community Member

@Ben I’m hijacking this thread because I have the same need: our iPad is family shared. The bare minimum I can imagine is an iPad “family member” that can only access password shared with everyone, but this leaves out most of the functionality of 1Password.

What would be a workaround in this case? Is this limitation something that you plan to lift? I understand the 1 device - 1 account (because if touchID or faceID are enabled there is no way to match the auth to a specific account), and this might be a niche case but still, 1P is so much better than the competition that I really did expect it😉

• Hey @pecus, for your situation you may prefer to create a new guest account for your iPad. 1Password for Families includes five guests, so you'll still have plenty to spare if you haven't used any yet. Guests can be added to a single vault (such as your main Shared Vault).

I understand it's not ideal compared to what you're wanting, but you may find this preferable to creating another fully fledged family member in 1Password. You can read more on how to create and manage guest accounts in our support article. I hope that helps! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.