1Password no longer works in Edge.

1Password does not automatically open up when I try right click to fill in my user name and password when I use Edge. It is working on the same PC if I use Chrome. The button does appear if the address bar, but does not open up like it does in the Chrome address bar. I ran a diagnostic but not sure if I can send that to somebody for analysis.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edge

Comments

• weimsky
    weimsky
    Community Member

Version is 7.3.712

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @weimsky, thank you for reaching out!

1Password extension in the current version of Microsoft Edge is fragile. Please try to do the following to resolve this issue:

1) Check for Windows updates, install any updates, and reboot. Sometime pending Windows updates can break things like this.
    2) Check Control Panel > Uninstall a program, make sure only 1Password version is installed.

If that didn't work, uninstall 1Password extension in Edge, reboot (since you can't restart Edge cleanly) and re-install it. This helps some people. As a possible workaround you can also close Edge, open Task manager, and end the Edge background process. Then restart Edge and check if 1Password extension works.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you in advance!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.