I saw the blog post about Surface - are you planning an arm64 version for Surface Pro X?

cannfoddrcannfoddr Junior Member

Subject says most of it - could use a native Windows 10 on Arm64 version of 1Password (and lots of other apps)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

We don't have anything to announce at this time. We'll see how it goes, and perhaps by the time WPF and other Windows development tools are up to speed on ARM64 there will be more to discuss. :)

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi,

Thanks for writing in.

Just to clarify, WPF is Microsoft's UI library that we use to render our app's interface and at the moment, the version we use isn't available for ARM64. There's no timeframe on when it is coming.

• scrytchscrytch Junior Member
    edited November 21

Thanks team. At the moment I'm using 1PasswordX in Edge Chromium Canary (ARM64 native) browser as a workaround which is running smooth as silk on my Surface Pro X. Unfortunately no Windows Hello support nor system wide support (ie it only works in browser).

1Password 7 is sluggish and borderline usable/unusable. I have it as a backup but it's painful. Anything you can do to get this supported is appreciated as it's the only app I use regularly that doesn't work well.

Edit: Looks like WPF developers have it in their 5.0 Milestones. https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/milestone/5

Thanks,
    Shane.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

That's been our experience with ARM64 on Windows as well. Don't hold your breath. "Due by November 29, 2020 17% complete" means we all have some waiting to do. :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file