Can’t sign in. LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted.

StevoH
StevoH
Community Member

I've been getting this error when trying to sign in to a family account. Business account seems fine, and I haven't been able to get in on any of my devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StevoH: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble. Can you tell me the OS and 1Password versions you're using where you're having trouble signing in? It sounds like it may be a compatibility issue.

• RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I just started seeing this error as well when trying to login to https://my.1password.ca/signin. It worked earlier in the day. Thankfully I can login to the Chrome extension. It just won't sync now.

Browser: Chrome 79
    Extension: 1.16.2

• RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member

The issue seems to have resolved itself. Instead of the error, it asked me for my 2FA and everything works fine now. Do you know what the problem was?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RichAyotte: Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working for you now, but I don't have any explanation as to why. I don't believe we've made changes that would be relevant, but I'll ask around in case I missed something.

• RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member

It just stopped working again. Can't login to the 1password.ca site. Extension still works.

• RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Here's the response that I'm getting.

{
        "errorCode": 101,
        "errorMessage": "Operation is not permitted.",
        "requestId": 70400
    }

Request header (with path partially removed for privacy):

:authority: my.1password.ca
    :method: GET
    :path: /api/v2/auth/rest-of-path-removed
    :scheme: https
    accept: application/json; q=1.0, text/*; q=0.8, */*; q=0.1
    accept-encoding: gzip, deflate, br
    accept-language: en
    cache-control: no-cache
    pragma: no-cache
    sec-fetch-mode: cors
    sec-fetch-site: same-origin
    user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.45 Safari/537.36
    x-agilebits-client: 1Password Extension/20088
    x-requested-with: XMLHttpRequest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RichAyotte: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry you're having trouble again,. Can you confirm a few things for me?

1. Where are you trying to sign into your 1Password account now? e.g. https://my.1password.ca , 1Password X, etc.
    2. Would you be willing to save a console log and send it via email? https://support.1password.com/cs/browser-console/#chrome
    3. Are you able to sign in somewhere else? e.g. different browser, website versus 1Password X, etc.
    4. You mentioned "extension still works"; do you mean 1Password X there?
  • RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member
    1. Yes
    2. Yes but I just tried again and it worked, instead of the error, I got the 2FA request. I'll attach the console log next time it happens.
    3. Will try next time it fails.
    4. Yes
  • @RichAyotte

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is working now. To clarify though question #1 wasn't a 'yes' or 'no' question... brenty was asking if you're using the 1Password web app or the 1Password X browser extension when you get the error (which).

Ben

• RichAyotte
    RichAyotte
    Community Member

I was not able to login to https://my.1password.ca.

1Password X has always worked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• dmytrii
    dmytrii
    Community Member

Hello, I am having exact same issue with family account. I have recently created a separate account for family (trial one) and moved to it from personal one. Personal account works just perfect (but it is frozen at the moment as I have cenceled renewal for next period) but not family one.

In addition to web version issue I cannot sync macOS app. 1Password X, web app and 1Password for mac have stopped syncing. If I try to open account settings on my macOS app it responses with similar error: (com.agilebits.onepassword.b5server.legacy, ошибка 101)

What can I do? It seems like everything have stopped working and I cannot update passwords as they wont sync any more.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmytrii!

Can you please let us know what 1Password version you are running, and on what operating system?

If you could also translate the error message for us, that would also be very helpful.

• dmytrii
    dmytrii
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

@ag_ana I have attached screenshots of macOS app and 1Password X for Firefox.

Web app also has similar error as @RichAyotte mentioned (attached screenshot):

Regarding error, it basically says "Could not complete operation, (com.agilebits.onepassword.b5server.legacy, error 101)

Seems like I cannot login on any device now and sync does not work as already connected devices won't update anything.

P.S. It has stopped working today. Yesterday everything seem to work just fine.
    P.P.S. I was logged in 2 accounts at the same time in 1Password for macOS and 1Password X. I have logged out of personal frozen account in 1Password X yesterday evening. Maybe it is connected...

• dmytrii
    dmytrii
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

@ag_ana

UPDATE: It just started working. Everything is in sync now and I can see my billing info from 1Password for macOS and I can log in from web app and 1Password X for Firefox.

Hopefully this won't happen again as it really scares: loosing access to passwords and ability to create new ones.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @dmytrii! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. Please let us know if this happens again though, and we will be happy to investigate this further.

• rik1982
    rik1982
    Community Member

I have the same issue:
    Can’t sign in.
    LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted.

Please advise asap!

P.S. the last months I have experienced numerous issues with 1Password:

• No syncing between desktop app and chrome plugin
    • Not able to store passwords via the chrome plugin (can't connect to server)
    • 100% CPU load when using Desktop app, this application became totally unusable
    • Not able to loging due to "LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted."

I really need a better working password manager, bacause I don't have the time to send log files and google for solutions.

Regards, Rik

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rik1982! Welcome to the forum!

I see that you are already in touch with us via email, and that my colleague Greg has been helping you over there already. So we don't duplicate support efforts, let's keep the conversation going via email. Thank you!

• rik1982
    rik1982
    Community Member

That's true, however, I hope you understand that a password vault is critical for me, and this already cost me too much valuable time. I'm convinced you and Greg are doing your utter best to help the customers, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong with version 7 as all these issues did not occur before.

As a workaround I unlinked the Business account with my personal account. Both my private and work credentials are now in one personal account with two separate vaults in it. This is not ideal as we also pay for a business account and we need to have a shared vault. Now I seem to be able to log in again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rik1982:

Now I seem to be able to log in again.

That's great to hear. Indeed, logging in to 1Password.com does not rely on the version of 1Password that you have installed, so that was a separate thing which I am happy has been resolved already.

For the other issues that you reported, which seem to be specific to your machine, I will let you in Greg's capable hands via email, so we don't increase support times by replying in multiple places.

Because of this, I am going to close this discussion to avoid going off topic from what was originally reported.

ref: QNV-61763-519

This discussion has been closed.